efficient random access to fasta subsequences for Python 3
DescriptionSamtools provides a function "faidx" (FAsta InDeX), which creates a small flat index file ".fai" allowing for fast random access to any subsequence in the indexed FASTA file, while loading a minimal amount of the file in to memory. This Python module implements pure Python classes for indexing, retrieval, and in-place modification of FASTA files using a samtools compatible index. The pyfaidx module is API compatible with the pygr seqdb module. A command-line script "faidx" is installed alongside the pyfaidx module, and facilitates complex manipulation of FASTA files without any programming knowledge. This package provides the Python 3 modules to access fasta files.
795 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.5.8-2 (Information last updated 1 day ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".