Python 3 frontend to CGAL's 3D mesh generators
Descriptionpygalmesh makes it easy to create high-quality 3D volume and surface meshes. CGAL offers two different approaches for mesh generation:
- Meshes defined implicitly by level sets of functions.
- Meshes defined by a set of bounding planes.pygalmesh provides a front-end to the first approach, which has the following advantages and disadvantages:
- All boundary points are guaranteed to be in the level set within
any specified residual. This results in smooth curved surfaces.
- Sharp intersections of subdomains (e.g., in unions or
differences of sets) need to be specified manually (via feature edges,
see below), which can be tedious.On the other hand, the bounding-plane approach (realized by mshr), has the following properties:
- Smooth, curved domains are approximated by a set of bounding
planes, resulting in more of less visible edges.
- Intersections of domains can be computed automatically, so
domain unions etc. have sharp edges where they belong.pygalmesh and mshr are therefore complementary. pygalmesh also interfaces CGAL's 3D periodic mesh generation. This package installs the pygalmesh module for Python 3. It also provides the utility scripts pygalmesh-from-inr and pygalmesh-volume-from-surface for generating volume meshes from INR or surface meshes.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything.Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on…Install python3-pygalmesh