dedicated server for Quake 4
DescriptionThis package contains a launcher script and systemd unit to run a Quake 4 server using the proprietary x86 binaries provided by id Software. Please note that the Quake 4 engine is not Free Software, and Debian cannot fix any bugs or security flaws in the engine or game code. To mitigate any security flaws that might exist in this server, the systemd unit is not enabled by default, and must be enabled with systemctl if it should start at boot time. The systemd unit uses various security hardening options to prevent the server from escalating its privileges. There is no sysvinit script, since sysvinit does not provide similar security hardening. To make this package useful, you will need to create and install some non-distributable packages by using the game-data-packager package: quake4-bin, and either quake4-data (for the uncensored version sold on Steam and in countries other than Germany) or quake4-censored-de-data (for the incompatible version sold in Germany). Creating those packages requires data files from a Quake 4 installation or DVD.
817 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 59 (Information last updated 1 day ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".