web site builder using ReStructured Text as basic content format
Descriptionrest2web is a simple tool that lets you build your website from a single template (or as many as you want), and keep the contents in ReStructured Text (docutils; you can still keep pages in HTML if needed). The prefix "rest" does not in any way allude to the concept of "representational state transfer." The tool provides a host of features, for example:
* Automatically builds index pages and navigation links (sidebars and
* Aids with the translation of the site to other languages.
* Embedded code in templates for unlimited expressiveness.
* Flexible macro system.
* Uses relative links, so sites can be viewed from the filesystem.
* Uses unicode internally.
* Built-in gallery creator plugin.Adding new pages is as easy as dropping a text file into the right folder; rest2web builds the new page and adds a link to it in the index (optionally with a description as well). Removing a page is just as easy: delete the file, and when you run rest2web again it removes the entry.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".