A highway trip planner
DescriptionThis is a highway trip planning program, similar to programs like Rand McNally's "TripMaker." It allows you to plan road trips between two or more locations, using various interchangeable map files (or databases). Currently, the program includes two databases covering North America; one is fairly simplistic, and one is quite detailed. You can also create new databases with the editor in the routeplanner-gnome package. For retrocomputing nuts, this program traces its lineage back to a 1980s program called "RoadRoute" written by Jim Butterfield for the Amiga. AFAIK all of the code has been rewritten, but the Basic-USA database included here is Jim's original dataset. The package includes two console-based interfaces; for the GNOME interface and the editor, you should install routeplanner-gnome as well. Home Page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/routeplanner/
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".