Ruby interpreter that won't integrate with Debian packages
DescriptionRuby is the interpreted scripting language for quick and easy object-oriented programming. It has many features to process text files and to do system management tasks (as in perl). It is simple, straight-forward, and extensible. This package provides a Ruby interpreter without providing support for other Debian-provided Ruby packages, i.e. it won't use any code from Debian packages that provide Ruby libraries, Rubygems won't recognize libraries installed with Debian packages etc. This package is mostly useful for server deployments or development environments where one wants or needs to obtain the Ruby interpreter from Debian (and thus benefit from having security updates, not having to build from source, obtaining pre-built binaries from a trusted source etc.), but install everything else from sources external to Debian such as rubygems.org. No official Debian Ruby packages, application or library, should depend on this package.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".