runs a command and optionally reports its output by mail
Descriptionshush was written to be a generic wrapper around cron jobs so that it can be applied to any command without having to modify it or create a custom wrapper for it. In a sense, it solves a fairly simple problem, but it also brings some powerful features making it a useful tool beyond cron jobs. Feature highlights:
* Multiple reports (for the output) may be defined
* Decision to send a report (or not) is configurable based on:
- Output content analysis (using regular expressions)
- Command exit code
- Size of output
- Command execution duration
* Support for plain text, enriched text and HTML report formatting.
(The latter two allow rendering part of the output in bold.)
* Various timeout actions such as notification and command termination
* Locking support
* Progress report logging via syslog
* Automatic crontab file updating based on shush's configuration
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".