slop (Select Operation) is an application that queries for a
selection from the user and prints the region to stdout. It grabs the
mouse and turns it into a crosshair, lets the user click and drag to
make a selection (or click on a window) while drawing a pretty box
around it, then finally prints the selection's dimensions to stdout.
* Hovering over a window will cause a selection rectangle to appear
* Clicking on a window makes slop return the dimensions of the
* Clicking and dragging causes a selection rectangle to appear,
renders pretty well (compared to scrot). And will return the
dimensions of that rectangle in absolute screen coords.
* On startup it turns your cursor into a crosshair, then adjusts the
cursor into angles as you drag the selection rectangle.
* Supports simple arguments:
* Change selection rectangle border size.
* Select X display.
* Set padding size, even negative padding sizes!
* Set click tolerance for if you have a shaky mouse.
* Set the color of the selection rectangles to match your theme!
(Even supports transparency!)
* Remove window decorations from selections.
* Supports OpenGL hardware acceleration.
* Supports textured themes.
* Supports programmable shaders.
* Supports a magnifying glass.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install slop