Shamir's secret sharing scheme implementation
DescriptionImplementation of Shamir's Secret Sharing Scheme. The program suite does both: the generation of shares for a known secret, and the reconstruction of a secret using user-provided shares. Shamir's Secret Sharing Scheme allows a secret to be split in to shares. These shares can then be distributed to different people. When the time comes to retrieve the secret then a preset number of the shares need to be combined. The number of shares created, and the number needed to retrieve the secret are set at splitting time. The number of shares required to re-create the secret can be chosen to be less that the number of shares created, so any large enough subset of the shares can retrieve the secret. This scheme allows a secret to be shared, either to reduce the chances that the secret is lost, or to increase the number of parties that must cooperate to reveal the secret.
3426 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.5-4 (Information last updated about 22 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".