mass spectrometry software for protein identification
DescriptionX! Tandem can match tandem mass spectra with peptide sequences, in a process that is commonly used to perform protein identification. This software has a very simple, unsophisticated application programming interface (API): it simply takes an XML file of instructions on its command line, and outputs the results into an XML file, which has been specified in the input XML file. The output file format is described at http://www.thegpm.org/docs/X_series_output_form.pdf. Unlike some earlier generation search engines, all of the X! Series search engines calculate statistical confidence (expectation values) for all of the individual spectrum-to-sequence assignments. They also reassemble all of the peptide assignments in a data set onto the known protein sequences and assign the statistical confidence that this assembly and alignment is non-random. The formula for which can be found here. Therefore, separate assembly and statistical analysis software, e.g. PeptideProphet and ProteinProphet, do not need to be used.
1201 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1:201702011-1+b1 (Information last updated 3 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".