Cave surveying - 2D and 3D drawing software
DescriptionTherion aids the process of drawing up cave surveys (maps). Drawings are done over scans and can be distorted to fit the centreline data. Output is in single sheet or atlas style PDF or SVG files. All data is stored in text files and a map editor (xtherion) is provided to aid in the creation of the files. A wide range of co-ordinate systems is supported. Therion can also produce 3D models, generated from walls and passage-heights. Output formats supported are Survex .3d files, VRML, DXF, SVG, shapefiles, and the native .lox. Scanned map overlays and relief data can be incorporated into models. Therion is compatible with Survex, and centreline data can be stored in Survex or Therion form. If survex is installed it is used for loop closures. Centreline data and sketches can be imported from PocketTopo, allowing full paperless surveying. TeX and metapost are used to generate the images. libtk-img is needed to use scans in formats other than GIF and PNM (such as PNG and JPEG). Survex will be used for loop-closure if installed, but is not required. You will need appropriate TeX language packages to process therion files which specify those character sets: texlive-lang-czechslovak is needed to process the examples, and texlive-lang-cyrillic is also suggested. See README.Debian for details.
33099 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 5.3.16-10+b4 (Information last updated about 4 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".