This is a collection of useful tools that Ubuntu developers use to make their
packaging work a lot easier.
Such tools include:
- backportpackage - helper to test package backports
- bitesize - add the 'bitesize' tag to a bug and comment that you are
willing to help fix it.
- check-mir - check support status of build/binary dependencies
- check-symbols - will compare and give you a diff of the exported symbols of
all .so files in a binary package.
- dch-repeat - used to repeat a change log into an older release.
- grab-merge - grabs a merge from merges.ubuntu.com easily.
- grep-merges - search for pending merges from Debian.
- import-bug-from-debian - copy a bug from the Debian BTS to Launchpad
- merge-changelog - manually merges two Debian changelogs with the same base
- mk-sbuild - script to create LVM snapshot chroots via schroot and
- pbuilder-dist, cowbuilder-dist - wrapper script for managing several build
chroots (for different Ubuntu and Debian releases) on the same system.
- pull-debian-debdiff - attempts to find and download a specific version of
a Debian package and its immediate parent to generate a debdiff.
- pull-debian-source - downloads the latest source package available in
Debian of a package.
- pull-lp-source - downloads source package from Launchpad.
- pull-lp-debs - downloads debs package(s) from Launchpad.
- pull-lp-ddebs - downloads dbgsym/ddebs package(s) from Launchpad.
- pull-lp-udebs - downloads udebs package(s) from Launchpad.
- pull-debian-* - same as pull-lp-* but for Debian packages.
- pull-uca-* - same as pull-lp-* but for Ubuntu Cloud Archive packages.
- pull-pkg - common script that provides above pull-* functionality.
- requestbackport - file a backporting request.
- requestsync - files a sync request with Debian changelog and rationale.
- reverse-depends - find the reverse dependencies (or build dependencies) of
- seeded-in-ubuntu - query if a package is safe to upload during a freeze.
- setup-packaging-environment - assistant to get an Ubuntu installation
ready for packaging work.
- sponsor-patch - Downloads a patch from a Launchpad bug, patches the source
package, and uploads it (to Ubuntu or a PPA)
- submittodebian - automatically send your changes to Debian as a bug report.
- syncpackage - helper to prepare .changes file to upload synced packages
- ubuntu-build - give commands to the Launchpad build daemons from the
- ubuntu-iso - output information of an Ubuntu ISO image.
- ubuntu-upload-permission - query / list the upload permissions for a
- update-maintainer - script to update maintainer field in ubuntu packages.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install ubuntu-dev-tools