font with a glyph for each visible Unicode Plane 0 character
DescriptionThis package is a convenient way to install both the PCF bitmap version and the scalable TrueType outline version of "Unifont" (intended for general-purpose use) and "Unifont Sample" (which contains combining circles to use for illustration purposes). It also installs a copy of unifont.hex and related files in /usr/share/unifont. GNU Unifont was designed to render something besides an empty box for each visible Unicode character in the Basic Multilingual Plane (Plane 0). Plane 0 contains most of the world's modern writing scripts. This font looks best at 12pt. Complex fonts (such as Indic or Semitic scripts, where letters change shape depending on their position in a word, or such as Mongolian, which is written vertically) will not render perfectly. The philosophy behind this font, though, is that anything meaningful is better than an empty box for a unknown glyph.
761 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1:9.0.06-2 (Information last updated 2 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".