Visualize atomic structures
DescriptionV_Sim visualizes atomic structures such as crystals, grain boundaries, molecules and so on (either in binary format, or in plain text format). The rendering is done in pseudo-3D with spheres (atoms) or arrows (spins). The user can interact through many functions to choose the view, set the bindings, draw cutting planes, compute surfaces from scalar fields, duplicate nodes, measure geometry... Moreover V_Sim allows one to export the view as images in PNG, JPG, PDF (bitmap), SVG (scheme) and other formats. Some tools are also available to colorize atoms from data values or to animate on screen many position files.
14952 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.7.2-8+b3 (Information last updated about 17 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".