reimplementation of the Pintail 16S DNA anomaly detection utility
DescriptionWigeoN examines the sequence conservation between a query and a trusted reference sequence, both in NAST alignment format. Based on the sequence identity between the query and the reference sequence, there is an expected amount of variation among the alignment. If the observed variation is greater than the 95% quantile of the distribution of variation observed between non-anomalous sequences, then it is flagged as an anomaly. WigeoN is a flexible command-line based reimplementation of the Pintail algorithm Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005 Dec;7112:7724-36. WigeoN is useful for flagging chimeras and anomalies only in near full-length 16S rRNA sequences. WigeoN lacks sensitivity with sequences less than 1000 bp. To run WigeoN, you need NAST-formatted sequences generated by the nast-ier utility. WigeoN is part of the microbiomeutil suite.
2109 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 20101212+dfsg1-3 (Information last updated about 19 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".