WIMS-LTI is a gateway server that links LMSs to WIMS servers, using LTI.
- Wims is an interactive web service featuring rich dynamic exercices for
students, and a framework to manage inline courses, virtual classes
for teachers. Wims is a LMS, currently packaged in Debian.
- the acronym LMS stands for Learning Management System. Popular
Learning Management systems are Moodle, Chamilo, Claroline, etc.
- LTI is an acronym for Learning Tools Interoperability: it is an
open standard allowing one to define quickly communication channels
between LMS(a) and LMS(b), for example to allow one to manage a virtual
class with his students in LMS(a), and cherry pick exercises provided
by LMS(b) seemlessly.
A single instance of WIMS-LTI can handle a lot of LMS and WIMS servers.
WIMS-LTI allows :
- To create a WIMS class associated to a LMS' course.
- To create students corresponding to that course in the WIMS class.
- Students to connect to the WIMS server from a LMS.
- Teachers to connect to the WIMS class as supervisor or as student
from a LMS.
- To send the grades of students back to the LMS (automatically and
The documentation is available on readthedocs:
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install wims-lti