DescriptionAn X client is a program that interfaces with an X server (almost always via the X libraries), and thus with some input and output hardware like a graphics card, monitor, keyboard, and pointing device (such as a mouse). This package provides a miscellaneous assortment of X utilities that ship with the X Window System, including:
- appres, editres, listres and viewres, which query the X resource database;
- luit, a filter that can be run between an arbitrary application and a
UTF-8 terminal emulator;
- xdpyinfo, a display information utility for X;
- xdriinfo, query configuration information of DRI drivers;
- xev, an X event displayer;
- xfd, a tool that displays all the glyphs in a given X font;
- xfontsel, a tool for browsing and selecting X fonts;
- xkill, a tool for terminating misbehaving X clients;
- xlsatoms, which lists interned atoms defined on an X server;
- xlsclients, which lists client applications running on an X display;
- xlsfonts, a server font list displayer;
- xmessage, a tool to display message or dialog boxes;
- xprop, a property displayer for X;
- xvinfo, an Xv extension information utility for X;
- xwininfo, a window information utility for X;The editres and viewres programs use bitmap images provided by the xbitmaps package. The luit program requires locale information from the libx11-data package.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".