xc3sprog is a suite of utilities for programming Xilinx FPGAs, CPLDs, and
EEPROMs with the Xilinx Parallel Cable and other JTAG adapters under Linux.
xc3sprog runs as a command-line application.
The main features include:
- Reading a .BIT file from Xilinx design tools and programming it into an
- Reading a JEDEC file and programming it into a CPLD.
- Programming a .BIT file into an on-board configuration PROM.
- Programming a binary image into on-board SPI flash memory.
- Reading the contents of a PROM chip back to a file.
- Programming AVR microcontrollers.
The functionality of xc3sprog is similar to that of Xilinx IMPACT. There are
also similarities with other free JTAG tools, such as UrJTAG. However,
xc3sprog has a number of advantages:
- xc3sprog is free software.
- It is a command-line tool.
- It works on Linux without the need to install binary "cable-drivers".
(Although some types of JTAG cables need to load firmware.)
- It uses an optional configuration file to recognize new JTAG devices.
- It contains programming algorithms for the supported devices, enabling
the direct use of binary files (.BIT / JEDEC) from design tools (as opposed
to intermediate SVF/STAPLE files).
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install xc3sprog