Python daemon that manages ZFS snapshots and send/receive backup.
Based on zfs-snap-manager.
* Remote ZFS snapshoting/aging wnd replication back to central ZFS
backup server. Only need to install zfs-utils, zsnapd-rcmd (for secure)
remote ssh key login and sshd on client, and use root ssh key based
* Has connectivity test to skip scheduled actions when the remote site
cannot be contacted. Actually quite useful for ZFS backing up laptops.
Reachability failures are logged of course!
* Uses Python3
* Native systemd support.
* Configuration is stored in configuration files with the ini file
format. Configuration .d parts directories also present
* Triggers the configured actions based on time or a '.trigger' file
present in the dataset's mountpoint.
* Can take snapshots (with a yyyymmddhhmm timestamp format).
* Can replicate snapshots to/from other nodes.
* Push based when the replication source has access to the replication
* Pull based when the replication source has no access to the replication
target. Typically when you don't want to give all nodes access to the
* Cleans all snapshots with the yyyymmddhh timestamp schmea format based
on a GFS schema (Grandfather, Father, Son). Timestamp
evaluation based on actual ZFS snapshot creation metadata.
* Supports pre and post commands.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install zsnapd